Chestnut Tree House is the children’s hospice for East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire, providing specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions.
We are looking for a hardworking, well-organised, enthusiastic cook with good all-round cooking skills and a love of baking to join our passionate and friendly Catering Team at Chestnut Tree House.
Your duties will include:
- To work to planned menus and children/young people’s individual needs liaising with care staff as required
- Prepare and cook nutritional meals as well as occasional working lunches, buffets, BBQ’s, afternoon teas, parties, special events
- To undertake general cleaning duties as directed by the Chef Manager
- To help maintain kitchen, cooking areas, storeroom and kitchen equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Assist in putting away deliveries
- Cater for dietary and allergy requirements to include pureeing meals
- Be prepared to stand in for the chef manager, ordering, menu planning, supervising staff
You will need to have a flexible, team-orientated approach and must be comfortable working in the hospice environment.
Shifts offered to cover for annual leave/sickness
Food Hygiene Level 2 and/or previous experience of catering in a care environment would be preferred.
Due to the remote location and lack of public transport, access to your own transport is essential.
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
If you have the passion and drive to succeed, please visit our website www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/jobs for a job description and to apply. Alternatively, you can contact the HR department email@example.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
The information you provide on your application form is the only information we will use to decide whether or not to short-list you for interview.