Children’s Care Assistant
Hours: 37.5 per week (part time considered)
Salary: £20,374 – £21,178 (depending on experience)
Do you dream of being able to deliver truly person-centred quality care and would like to be able to make a difference to a family struggling to manage their child’s ill health along with the other demands of caring for their family?
If these are the things that would give you job satisfaction, then a career in the ellenor children’s team may be just what you are looking for.
We are currently recruiting for a Children’s Care Assistant, an exciting opportunity to join our Children’s Hospice at home team.
As a part of our Respite Team and in direct partnership with our team of Specialist Children’s Nurses.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing 1:1 or 2:1 care to individual children and young people with life limiting/life threatening conditions in their own homes or other community settings.
- Planning and delivering group activities and social events for children and young people aged 0 to 19.
- Working in partnership with the child and family in a sensitive and professional manner, to ensure that the child’s emotional, social and physical needs are met in a way which enhances their quality of life.
- Undertaking a range of duties to support the personal care needs of the child/young person.
- Full training and support to meet any complex healthcare needs and the opportunity for further professional development is available.
A caring, compassionate attitude towards children and their families is essential. Although the majority of your work would be between the hours of Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm, a willingness to work evenings and weekends if required is vital. A qualification in childcare and/or experience with complex needs would be desirable.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS clearance. An employer contributory pension scheme is available, and NHS Pension Scheme members can transfer in their current pension.
ellenor are the provider of all-encompassing hospice care for both adults and children living in Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley, and deliver respite for children with life threatening and life limiting conditions living in Bexley.
Our services include adult In-patient and Day Therapy at the Hospice in Northfleet, and 24-hour Hospice at Home for all ages.
Our strategic aims recognise our role in leading the development of services to the wider community at the end of life, and we see an increasing role in education and training and as a coordinator for providing the best possible palliative care to more people and families.
For informal enquiries please contact Megan Watkins by email email@example.com or on 07818 689903
Closing date: 27th October 2023