At an exciting time in our journey, James Hopkins Trust is looking for an innovative and inspiring Clinical Lead to join our Trust Senior Management Team (TSMT). We are looking for a passionate leader and a champion of care.
As Clinical Lead you will have the responsibility of leading an enthusiastic and caring nursing team. We are proud of the high-quality family-centred care we offer to families with young children who have complex nursing needs. As well as overseeing the day to day running of our nursing department you will also develop and deliver models and processes to demonstrate safe and effective care for those who need and want our services. As part of the Trust Senior Management Team (TSMT), you will work collaboratively with the nursing & charity teams to deliver a ‘One Team’ approach to care, acting as a role model to lead and inspire the delivery of James Hopkins Trust’s strategy.
Main Responsibilities as our Clinical Lead:
- provide effective leadership to the clinical team to enable the provision and maintenance of the highest standards of clinical care
- deliver visible professional and consultative leadership across the organisation and in particular for the clinical team to ensure a positive and supporting culture
- oversee the day to day running of the nursing department
- act as the registered manager for regulated activity and ensure that all care-related statutory, regulatory, legal and professional regulations are met
- develop and lead on the clinical quality and governance strategy with the Trust Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees to deliver safe and effective needs based, outcome focused clinical services
- be focused on quality of care and the improvement of patient/carer/user outcomes and experiences
- efficiently and effectively manage resources
- cultivate and build the professional workforce in line with service needs
- develop, implement and evaluate innovative models of care delivery to
meet the changing needs of the people who use our services
Who are we looking for in our Clinical Lead?
We are looking for someone who can lead and champion the clinical team You will be driven and motivated with strong leadership and management qualities. A dynamic and flexible approach is needed for this role and you believe in providing the highest quality of care. You will also have a complete understanding of clinical governance, effective IT and report writing skills with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines. Business planning experience is essential in order to deliver a comprehensive work programme and assurance that James Hopkins Trust is compliant with CQC regulations, infection prevention control standards and other relevant national guidance. This will be with a view to achieving and maintaining an ‘Outstanding’ regulatory rating.
You will also have:
- Registered Nurse qualification and hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- a recognised mentorship or teaching qualification
- an eligible qualification to be CQC Registered Manager
- the ability to contribute to the strategic development of James Hopkins Trust’s services at the Board of Trustee and Trust Senior Management Team level
- competency in setting objectives and analysing report information
- a consultative style
- extensive post-registration experience of clinical management
- experience in a specialist palliative/community care service (ideally paediatric)
- experience in a broad range of clinical settings
- taken the lead role in change management or service delivery
- preferably have knowledge of current developments in paediatric palliative care
- experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- working practice of risk management and clinical governance along with policy and practice development.
James Hopkins Trust has been providing free nursing respite care to hundreds of life-limited and life-threatened young children and their families for over 30 years. We are the only registered charity in Gloucestershire to provide this level of care, day and night, either in the family home or at Kites Corner, our multi-sensory respite centre and gardens. We are committed to working as one team to achieve this and ensure James Hopkins Trust is fit for the future. The children are at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to our core values of Passion, Listening & Innovation. We are proud of our welcoming and professional approach to all we do while making magic memories for the families who use our services.
If you are keen to join us on our journey and can bring all the necessary skills and experience we need please contact Sarah James on 01452 612216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or to discuss the position.
Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required.
Closing date for applications are 14/02/2022