Rainbows has an exciting opportunity for Community Cultural Worker to join the Family Support Team here at the Hospice, working 22.5 hour per week worked across 3 or 4 days per week.
The role of Community Cultural Worker will develop and maintain vital links and relationships with culturally diverse communities across the East Midlands. The Community Cultural Worker will be responsive to the emerging needs of diverse cultural groups, and act as an ambassador for Rainbows.
This post covers Nottingham, Lincoln and Derby, supporting families across the region. The role is based in the hospice in Loughborough; however travel is required across the region, visiting families within the community. Occasional weekend work is required to support annual events.
- To provide cultural support to families that include a child/young person with a life limiting/threatening condition according to their individual needs.
- To support the cultural diversity work across the organisation, influencing and supporting organisational strategy and to ensure culturally appropriate care and support is accessible.
- To provide cultural support according to the families’ individual needs. To ensure all voices are heard, to include provision of interpretation and translation as appropriate.
- Previous interpretation/translation experience.
- Experience of interpreting complex communications within the last five years.
- Previous experience in Health or Social Care supporting children, young people and families from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (or above) in relevant subject.
To apply for the role, please visit rainbows.co.uk/careers