Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice helps babies, children and young people who are seriously unwell make the most of every day. You’ll be predominantly based in The Ark, our stunning building set in a north London nature reserve. The Ark is a place of laughter and real connection, with an atmosphere that’s both supportive and inclusive. This is a really exciting time to join our growing and ambitious team as we look to expand the fundraising team.
We are looking for an individual with excellent customer service experience, who can proactively engage, build relationships and provide high levels of stewardship to a variety of community groups. You will also have the ability to efficiently work on our new database ‘Beacon’ which will be key to Noah’s Ark’s growth and sustainability.
The successful applicant will be responsible for day-to-day engagement with a large portfolio of community groups, including promoting and encouraging community members to sign up to a range of fundraising campaign and products. You will play a key role in engaging and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
The Community Engagement Officer will work closely with the Community Engagement Manager and Senior Head of Supporter Engagement, to manage and develop the Community Giving pipeline. You will play an instrumental part in creatively engaging supporters to get involved in our high-value campaigns, events and regular giving programme. This includes our annual matched-funding campaign and reoccurring giving programmes. The post-holder will be key in taking the Community Giving programme to the next level, providing proactive engagement opportunities and efficiently work with data to provide timely, targeted, relevant and engaging communications to our various community groups.
• Act as the first point of contact for all Community and 3rd party fundraisers wishing to learn more about the work of Noah’s Ark. – Respond to community fundraising queries in an appropriate manner, via email, phone, face to face or letter within Noah’s Ark standard time frames
• Understand how often and by what method supporters want to receive communications from Noah’s Ark. Ensure communication preferences are accurately recorded and legal requirements are adhered to
• Work with the Community Engagement Manager to manage relationships and create community engagement timelines
• Liaise with Supporter Engagement and Philanthropy colleagues to ensure that the transition, where appropriate, from community to individual/corporate/major donor supporter is as seamless as possible
• Oversee Community Support Volunteers to help add capacity and ensure supporters are supplied with fundraising materials and promotional collateral as and when required
• Use our database effectively record donations and ensure that community groups are correctly engaged with and thanked for their support
• Work with the Community Engagement Manager and Marcomms team to ensure all communications are updated and recorded regularly to aid effective ongoing community engagement opportunities.
• Assist the Community Engagement Manager to develop a rigorous approach to insights that support the development of the community fundraising programme
Work with the Community Engagement Manager to:
• promote campaigns and products for key target to a diverse community group to help grown long term sustainable income
• develop and implement rich community engagement journeys that help build lifelong engaged relationships with supporters
• develop data systems processes that are fully integrated and allow us to robustly develop stand out community led journeys and engagement programmes
• grow the charity’s volunteer ambassador programme
REPRESENT THE CHARITY
• Be an ambassador for the charity; presenting formally and informally, to a wide range of audiences
• Speak about the charity with impact during meetings, being able to communicate at all levels with supporters of all experience and backgrounds
• Take every opportunity to develop and gain confidence in this area
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL COLLABORATION
• Share ideas with wider team to help create successful targeted appeals and campaigns to expand on exisiting ones or replace with new ideas
• Fill in for other team members when needed and appropriate – we are a very collaborative and supportive team, we help each other whenever we can
• Assist the work with third party agencies to effectively grow our portfolio of fundraising activities including but not limited to London Marathon, Run for Charity, Global Adventure JustGiving, including changes to mailing preferences to ensure timely and accurate inputting of data
• Seek out opportunities to learn from professionals from outside of the charity, as well as within, and share those learnings with the wider team
Work collaboratively and in a supportive manner within the Fundraising team, and across the charity, to ensure that overall aims and objectives are achieved
• Work within legal and charity guidelines, especially within the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice’s own policies and procedures
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required for fundraising events
• Undertake training and skills development and keep up to date with the changing requirements of the role
1. Employees are required to attend and complete mandatory and other training as required by their role and within training expiry time frames.
2. Employees must take the initiative to actively seek out training updates required for their role.
3. As appropriate to take part in supporting the of training colleagues, families and others.
1. Noah’s Ark Hospice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young
people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
2. All employees will demonstrate commitment to and actively promote Noah’s Ark’s commitment to value and respect diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their duties and working relationships.
3. All employees are required to participate in staff performance reviews and supervision and to make all reasonable efforts to attend training and staff development as identified and agreed.
4. You will be expected to comply with Health and Safety, Fire and Infection Control regulations and Hospice policies.
5. Confidentiality: Protect patient data and follow our Confidentiality policies & procedures at all times, both during employment and after the termination of employment.
The tasks listed in this job description are not designed to be exhaustive and may vary from time to time according to the needs of the organisation. This document will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder as the role and services provided by the organisation develop.