An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Counsellor to join our multi-disciplinary Family Support team, providing counselling and psychological support to families accessing Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
Shooting Star Children’s Hospices is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families.
Working holistically with the team and collaboratively with other therapists, the post holder will focus on supporting parents of life-limited children and those who are bereaved, alongside developing psychological support for the family as a whole.
The successful applicant will be registered with the BACP/UKCP, with at least two years post-qualification experience. This should include work in a healthcare setting with families, and those who have suffered loss/bereavement.
The successful applicant will join a large and vibrant Family Support Team, who work together holistically, maximizing a multitude of skills and knowledge to ensure the best outcomes for families. The team is creative in meeting the demands of an ever-changing landscape, with opportunities to identify new areas of need and develop initiatives. Both hospice sites have counselling and purpose-built therapy rooms. The resources and delivery of care at SSCH are recognized as outstanding and we look forwards to welcoming a new therapist to complement our team.
The post will be based at Christopher’s but will also need to travel frequently to Shooting Star House, as well as in the community across our catchment area. The post holder is required to be a car owner and driver.
For an informal visit / conversation please contact Sarah Hodkinson, Head of Family Support Service 01483 230 960 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that appointment will be subject to DBS clearance.
You can find a very rewarding career with Shooting Star Children’s Hospices in a wide variety of roles. As well as knowing you are part of a team that is providing vital support to families, we offer multiple and generous benefits to employees.
What benefits do we offer?
- Recognition of the NHS Pension Scheme
- Care staff can remain in the NHS Pension Scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme – Employee contribution 3.5% – Shooting Star Children’s Hospices contribution 4.5%
- You can also contribute more into the pension scheme and we will pay 1% above the contribution up to a limit of 7%
- 35 days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays rising with length of service (pro rata for part time)
- 2 weeks paid sabbatical leave after 5, 10 and 15 years service
- Training & Professional Development
- Mandatory online training provided
- Excellent professional development available
- In house practice development team
- Clinical supervision
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all staff including
- Tlephone and face to face counselling
- Health & wellbeing advice
- Online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Advice and support
- Free staff car parking
- Free meals available within the hospice
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous sick pay scheme rising with length of service with 3 months full and 3 months half pay after one year’s service
- Death in service benefits provided
- Staff changing rooms and showers
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and paternity leave pay
- Enhance Parental Bereavement Leave pay
- Optical care – eye test and £60 to glasses for VDU use
- Employee referral scheme