An exciting opportunity is available to join the Quality and Care Assurance Team in CHAS (Children’s Hospices Across Scotland) as the Project ECHO Lead
We make sure that families caring for a child who will die much too young, can fill the time they have together with joy and hope, no matter how short that time might be. We make sure that even in the face of death, life flourishes. And in the pain of grief, joy lives on. We can only do this thanks to our people. People who care. Who strive to make a difference every day. And who find joy in what they do. People like you.
We have been involved in Project ECHO for over 5 years and have been providing a comprehensive programme including networks for:
- Trainee ANPs
- Paediatric Palliative Medicine
- Community Children’s Nurses Scotland
- Grand Rounds
- Care 24
- Young Adults Transition & Beyond (in partnership with Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice)
You will receive support from colleagues in Highland Hospice Hub to develop you skills using our dedicated Project ECHO technology, if you are not familiar with the methodology.
You will be leading the programme and network development within CHAS, with the support of our Medical director, colleagues in the Highland Hospice Hub and be part of the Scottish ECHO Steering group, chaired by Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice, Glasgow.
You will be based within a small team who have responsibility to maintain and deliver effective care governance, processes to gather experience data from families and staff and to deliver a comprehensive education and learning programme informed by our governance activities. There is opportunity to augment this 0.5 ECHO Lead post with 0.5 Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse post based within Rachel or Robin house.
Working with CHAS provides a unique opportunity to support children and families to make the most of their time together; as a team, we make extraordinary things happen every day.
Benefits of joining us:
- Flexible hours Monday to Friday
- Generous annual leave entitlement (matched to current length of service with NHS)
- NHS pension scheme members can keep their pensions if they join CHAS
- Lothian Pension Fund membership available
- Opportunities for further learning and development
- Access to a range of tools to support wellbeing
- The opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team which includes volunteers
- Free parking and travel allowance
Please find a full list of benefit details via the link below.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a key part in keeping the joy alive, we would love you to apply!
You can read more information about the role in the attached job description.
If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please email our Head of Quality and Care Assurance at email@example.com.