We are looking to appoint a Family Support Manager to lead our newly establishing Liverpool Family Support team, including volunteers, and a small case load.
Reporting to the Head of Care out of our Liverpool team base and working in partnership with health, education and social care professionals, you will take responsibility for delivering a high-quality family support service; and will act as the local Registered Manager for the Care Quality Commission, providing management and leadership to the team in relation to all safeguarding issues.
Having worked regularly in a stressful and emotional environment, within the community, you have a commitment to working in partnership with children, young people and their families, developing, monitoring and delivering service outcomes and building and maintaining successful professional partnerships to ensure the service is accessible to relevant families.
For a full job description and person specification, please visit our website: www.rainbowtrust.org.uk
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced child health, education or social care professional – applications will be particularly welcome from those who understand the impact on family dynamics of having a child/young person with a life threatening or terminal illness and those who have worked in bereavement support.
- A poised and convincing communicator – you will maintain effective relationships with stakeholders including families, referrers, partners and other statutory, private and voluntary agencies.
- Comfortable with a changing environment – you will thrive working at a fast pace and controlling tasks from conception to completion and understand that quickly connecting with people is essential.
- A persuasive, inclusive approach to achieving goals quickly and correctly – with a warm and friendly working style.
- Strong networking skills and confident use of MS Office – Educated to A-level with a recognised childcare and management qualification (NVQ4 or equivalent).
What we offer
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees, including:
- Flexible working hours to balance home and working life
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to remote GP, counselling, physiotherapy, resources to support your mental health and financial wellbeing, as well as a 24/7 helpline via Help@Hand
- Company car for front line care posts
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme, and other rewards and discounts
- Bike to work, season ticket loan and payroll giving schemes, as well as a recommend a friend recruitment bonus
- Family friendly policies, focused on employee wellbeing, and an active cross-organisational wellbeing group running a number of initiatives throughout the year
- Pension scheme where we contribute 5% of your salary and you contribute at least 3%
- The option to buy/sell annual leave, as well as additional leave for your birthday, wedding/civil ceremony and an extra half day off for Christmas shopping
- Robust training and development programmes to support your learning and growth
If you’d like to find out more about our benefits and working with us, please visit our website: www.rainbowtrust.org.uk
As part of our learning and development Anne Harris skills development programme, we aim to provide a high level of training and development opportunities for all staff, so you are able to perform to the best of your ability, achieve individual and team objectives aligned to Rainbow Trusts strategic plan, supporting staff to be the best they can be and feel a valued member of a high performing organisation.
Our Family Support Teams are given the opportunity to complete a number of diverse training courses in their first 12 months, including but not limited to: Mental Health First Aid, Makaton, counselling skills, introduction to play.
The programme aims to provide a building block for you to individually tailor your own learning and development needs.
Please visit our website to fill in an application form, then send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Interview dates will be confirmed. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
There will be a requirement for flexible working and a full current driver’s licence to accommodate team and family need. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation.