We are looking to appoint a Family Support Worker (maternity cover, up to 12 months) to deliver a high-quality family support service as part of our Essex Care Team.
Reporting to the Family Support Manager working in partnership with health, education and social care professionals, you will take responsibility for providing needs-led emotional, social and practical support to families where a child/young person has a life threatening or terminal illness.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced child health, education or social care professional – applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a community environment and those with a recognised qualification in education, health or social care.
- A warm, inclusive approach to achieving goals quickly and correctly.
- Practiced in child protection, information sharing and the rules around data protection – you lead by example, drawing on your own professional experience and working within established guidelines.
- Practical and people-oriented – you will thrive working at a fast pace whilst maintaining accuracy and be a confident user of IT (including MSOffice)
- A persuasive and open communicator, you will work collaboratively with your team and volunteers to ensure delivery of a high-quality service and support fundraising colleagues by writing case studies and family updates
- A practical knowledge of diversity issues affecting children, young people, and their families – aware that being responsive to others needs and concerns, is essential.
What we offer
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees, including:
- Flexible working hours to balance home and working life
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to remote GP, counselling, physiotherapy, resources to support your mental health and financial wellbeing, as well as a 24/7 helpline via Help@Hand
- Company car for front line care posts
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme, and other rewards and discounts
Bike to work, season ticket loan and payroll giving schemes, as well as a recommend a friend recruitment bonus
- Family friendly policies, focused on employee wellbeing, and an active cross-organisational wellbeing group running a number of initiatives throughout the year
- Pension scheme where we contribute 5% of your salary and you contribute at least 3%
- The option to buy/sell annual leave, as well as additional leave for your birthday, wedding/civil ceremony and an extra half day off for Christmas shopping
- Robust training and development programmes to support your learning and growth
If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, please visit our website: www.rainbowtrust.org.uk
How to apply:
Please visit our website and download an application form. Please send the completed form to email@example.com, specifying the location.
Interviews will take place either on Teams or at our Essex Care team office, with the dates to be confirmed. If you require any adjustments during the interview process, please let us know.
There will be a requirement for flexible working and a full current driver’s licence to accommodate team and family need. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies One-Star rated organisation.