This is a vital role in providing support to all staff in the use of IT services across CHAS, helping to underpin our ability to support children and families across Scotland.
As part of the IT Service Desk team you’ll provide a broad range of software and hardware support to our employees across Scotland. The service desk is the single point of contact for users with issues, queries and requests related to our IT solutions and you will help ensure those issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
Although a technical role, excellent customer service is right at the heart of it. You will ensure that all staff who contact our service desk receive the best possible experience, from a colleague who understands the impact of the issue on their role and on the daily operations of CHAS.
- Manage the service desk portal, logging and prioritising inbound calls, emails and other requests
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical onsite and remote support for hospices, offices and shops, particularly in the use of care and retail systems
- Use own initiative to prioritise, maintain, and monitor onsite incidents, resolving and amending same to timely resolution, escalating as appropriate
- Administer Microsoft 365 applications including desktop clients
- Install new software/hardware and assist in the maintenance of CHAS wide PCs, laptops, mobile devices and telecoms
- Liaise with 3rd party support companies regarding support, maintenance, installations of IT equipment or resolutions to outstanding issues
- Create user accounts and manage system access to ensure all staff have the necessary permissions and in line with CHAS Information Management standards
- Provide IT inductions to CHAS staff
- Take part in initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the IT Service Desk
- Strong customer service skills
- Sound experience of technical support provision
- Good IT knowledge, specifically Microsoft 365, AD and management of end-user devices
- Friendly, outgoing manner
- Positive, empathetic and confident
- Personal drive, initiative and effectiveness
- Accountable for self, actions and decisions
We support families through the terrifying heartbreak of knowing their child may die young. With love and compassion, we offer highly personalised care in hospice, hospital and home. We make things possible so children have the freedom to be themselves, play outside, laugh, sparkle, smile, and have treasured moments of joy. We are there when needed most – in really tough days, at end of life, and after a child dies.
As an IT Services Analyst at CHAS, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision.
Further Information and How to Apply
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Claire Young, Business Systems Manager, on 0131 4444 002.
For any queries regarding the recruitment process, please contact our HR Team on 0131 444 3293 or by emailing email@example.com.
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.