You will be a highly organised, proactive and creative individual, ready to play a significant and hands-on role in delivering Marketing activities for an ambitious local charity. With experience across the Marketing mix, you will have a solid understanding of how to deliver multi-channel campaigns that reach objectives.
You’ll have experience working with a varied group of stakeholders, delivering projects to service a variety of audiences and business objectives. You will be well versed at being the main point of contact for projects and will be approachable and timely in your communications.
In order to effectively deliver multiple projects at once, ranging from day-to-day content creation to campaigns, you will be a natural project manager who is calm under pressure. Working with the Head of Marketing, you will bring to the role your own processes for managing campaigns in order to systematise our workflow.
An exceptional communicator and creative thinker, you’ll show a willingness to understand our vision and mission and will work proactively to come with ideas as to how we can help the charity fulfil its goals. You will be curious in your work, taking an active approach in learning from those around you, including those outside of the Marketing and Communications team. You will demonstrate a willingness to learn about the hospice movement and become a real brand advocate for the charity.
- Campaign Planning: Working with Head of Marketing, plan and execute multi-channel, cross-directorate campaigns and activity that drive results against the charities strategic objectives.
- Project Management: Working with the Head of Marketing and Communications, ensure that campaigns are delivered on time, on budget – effectively coordinating internal and external resource.
- Stakeholder Management: Act as the day-to-day contact for queries related to campaigns, responding in a timely manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Content Development: Working with the Head of Marketing and other internal stakeholders, lead on the development of campaign collateral and promotional materials.
- PR and Media: Work with the PR and Media Manager to feed into the public relations strategy in order to support the campaign’s objectives.
- Reporting and Monitoring: Taking a holistic approach, use data and analysis to understand and report on the success of campaign activity. Regularly report back to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
CONTENT & COLLATERAL CREATION
- Collateral: Lead on developing and delivering cross-charity collateral, ensuring the incoming requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Collateral Maintenance: Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the charities collateral is regularly reviewed and kept up-to-date.
- Content Pieces: Lead on the creation of key content pieces across print such as supporter newsletter, Moment’s That Matter and the Annual Report.
- Case Studies: Working with the care team, regularly create case studies that effectively demonstrate the impact and breadth of Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice.
- Copywriting: Regularly write engaging copy for a variety of audiences across the charities platforms, including social media, email and print.
- Editorial and Press: Work with the PR and Media Manager to contribute to editorial and press content in order to drive awareness and understanding of the charity’s brands.
- Ethical Storytelling: Ensure the charities benefices stories are told in accordance with the charities ethical storytelling policy and guidelines.
- Website: Own the development and maintenance of the charities website. Ensure existing content is kept up-to-date and additional features are added in order to keep meeting the charities objectives.
- Social Media: Work with the Head of Marketing to execute the Social Media strategy in order to drive follower growth and engagement, increasing awareness of the charity in doing so.
- Digital Advertising: Utilise digital advertising, particularly across Paid Social and Paid Search, in order to reach the charities ambitious objectives.
REPORTING AND MONITORING
- Budget: Ensure the charities marketing expediter spend tracker is kept up to date.
- KPIS: Working with the Head of Marketing, effectively monitor and report against the charities agreed marketing KPIs.
- Impact: Working with the Head of Marketing, contribute to strategic reports against Marketing activities and campaigns.
- Team culture and cohesion: Create a supportive, cohesive and aspirational culture where the team are motivated to meet and exceed targets and recognise their contribution to the organisational objectives and strategy.
- Line-management: Effectively recruit, train, line-manage and develop staff in line with charity policy and practice, including regular supervision meetings and annual appraisals.
- Volunteers: Effectively recruit, train and line-manager a team of Marketing volunteers.
- Objective Setting: Set objectives for the Marketing and Communications Officer, giving ample opportunity for their reciprocal input.
- Learning and Development: Identify learning and development opportunities including training, coaching and skills-sharing to maintain and improve staff performance.
- Brand: Act as guardian of the Noah’s Ark brand, ensuring all collateral and content created is on-brand and on-message.
- Celebrity & Influencer Management: Working closely with the PR and Media Manager and the Head of Marketing, successfully on-board and manage the day-to-day relationships with our celebrity ambassadors in order to drive awarness of the charity.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively and in a supportive manger within the Marketing and Fundraising team, and across the charity, to ensure that overall aims and objectives are reached. Build and maintain an excellent working relationship between Marketing and the rest of the charity.
- Knowledge of Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice: Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Noah’s Ark services and children’s palliative care as a whole.
- Work within legal and charity guidelines and Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice’s own policies and procedures.
- Model the charity’s values of Kindness, Excellence and Courage.
- Undertake training and skills development and keep up to date with the changing requirements of the role.
- Be available for occasional evening and weekend work e.g. to support events (time off in lieu is allowed)
- Undertake other duties as required.
Please note that the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
The tasks listed in this job description are not designed to be exhaustive and may vary from time to time according to the needs of the organisation. This document will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder as the role and services provided by the organisation develop.