This is a part-time permanent role Monday to Friday 16:00-19:00. In return we offer you £11.35 per hour.
You will work as part of a small Housekeeping Team, but will also spend significant time working independently. You must be comfortable working on your own and taking initiative to complete tasks. You will be cleaning offices, hospice communal areas, toilets, bathrooms, and families’ accommodation ensuring that the correct cleaning standards are met.
You will deliver excellent standards of hygiene and infection control for children and families staying at Helen House. Helen House is a busy clinical area and you will collaborate with the Care Team Leaders to prioritise your workload. You will need to confidently and quickly deal with emergency cleaning requests and ad-hoc tasks.
You will be organised, detail oriented, resilient and able to think on your feet. You will be comfortable making independent decisions, following instructions, and adjusting your priorities depending on business needs.
We will provide COSHH, manual handling and other relevant training. In addition to your regular duties, you will have the opportunity to complete additional Learning & Development courses relevant to your role.
Parking on-site is free. There may be the requirement for occasional weekend working to cover periods of annual leave/sickness.
Please note, the advert will close on 4th February 2024. We are interviewing as applications come in and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once the role has been filled.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 days after 3 years, and 29 days after 5 years of service.
- Flexible Annual Leave: buy or sell up to 5 days of Annual Leave per year.
- Life assurance x4 your annual salary.
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution.
- Eye care voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- Enhanced maternity leave and shared paternity leave.
- A flexible working environment.
- Investment in your Continuous Professional Development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. We welcome applications from all areas of the community and run regular in-house EDI-focused events and workshops.
All staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.