Are you a talented and experienced Trusts Fundraising Manager? Come join our friendly and busy Fundraising Team in this full-time permanent hybrid role!
As the Trusts & Foundations Manager you will be responsible for generating income from grant making trusts and foundations. You will take the lead on seeking out new prospects and nurturing existing relationships to significantly grow income. You will achieve this by researching sources of funding, devising individually tailored applications, maintaining excellent communications with existing and potential donor trusts and foundations, delivering an agreed income target as well as growing funding from these sources.
You will be a motivated self-starter with excellent writing, communication, and budgeting skills. You will develop relationships with ease and feel able to positively influence colleagues at all levels of an organisation. The position requires someone with a positive attitude who is determined and resilient. You will be responsible for managing a Trusts and Foundations Executive and will be a key member of the Philanthropy and Partnerships Team.
This is a great opportunity to make a real impact in an extraordinary children’s hospice charity. You will be taking on a successful and robust trusts programme which has great potential to grow and develop. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in trusts fundraising and a successful track record in growing income. Solid leadership and management skills are desirable.
Essential requirements include:
- Experience of trusts and foundation fundraising and able to demonstrate continual growth in expertise and results in this area.
- Experience in developing and delivering income and expenditure budgets. Numerate, including ability to understand and manage financial information.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and inspiring funding applications and to make presentations.
- Creative thinker, with ability to identify funding opportunities and match them with the right trusts.
- Confident to represent the charity and its work and build relationships with senior trust staff.
- Good understanding of the trusts and foundations fundraising environment and associated processes and different types of grant making bodies.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and relationship-management skills, at all levels.
- Ability to proactively plan and manage a varied and busy workload with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and spot opportunities to grow and develop relationships for the good of the organisation.
Please note, we are reviewing applications as they come in and the advert may close early if sufficient applications are received.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following employee benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 days after 3 years, and 29 days after 5 years of service.
- Flexible Annual Leave: buy or sell up to 5 days of Annual Leave per year.
- Life assurance x4 your annual salary.
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution.
- Eye care voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Octopus electric vehicle leasing scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- Enhanced maternity leave and shared paternity leave.
- A flexible working environment.
- Investment in your Continuous Professional Development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
We welcome applications from all areas of the community and run regular in-house EDI-focused events and workshops.
Please note that everyone working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.