Deepen your understanding of bereavement and your skills in bereavement support for parents and children facing loss.
- gain a deeper understanding of loss, grief and bereavement
- gain insight from listening to grieving families’ needs
- appreciate the importance of self-awareness in supporting others
- relate theories of loss to our own and others’ experiences
- identify approaches for telephone, individual and group support
- gain an understanding of the importance of endings and what needs to be considered when ending the supportive relationship
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves and identify ways of supporting ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available
Who should attend?
An introductory workshop suitable for individuals from all professions who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in bereavement.
£95. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank The Peace Hospice for providing the venue for this training day.
Book your place
Please book your place online, or if you wish to pay on invoice, please complete and return our course booking form.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department at email@example.com or call us on 01494 568909.