Please book via the link or call on 01494 568909
Gain a deeper understanding of families’ needs and the difficulties they may face from diagnosis onwards. This training supports Department of Health and Together for Short Lives guidelines.
- gain a deeper understanding of families’ needs
- identify general family pressures, enabling professionals to facilitate focused support services
- gain an understanding of parents’ responses to loss and grief before and after their child’s death
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- identify the role of a ‘key worker’ in view of National Service Framework recommendations
- become familiar with useful tools to aid communication between service providers and families
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.Suitable for professionals based in the community or in a hospital setting
£90. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank Slater and Gordon for kindly providing the venue for this training day.