Explore creative ways of helping children express themselves and communicate when someone important in their life is dying or has died.
This day is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering includes contact with families where children are bereaved in the social services, education, health or voluntary sector. Prior to attending, participants should have foundation level of knowledge around grief and loss with some experience.
• identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
• explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
• gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
• experience creative ways of helping children and families
• learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
• gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch. We would like to thank The Starlight Centre at Peace Hospice Care for providing the venue for this training day.
To book your place please follow this link- https://childbereavementuk.org/for-professionals/our-courses/creative-ways-of-working-with-bereaved-children/
Or alternatively call 01494 568909