This two day blended programme is a mix of face to face teaching including lectures, small group work and facilitated discussions. The taught programme is delivered over two separate days with a 2-3 week gap between.
Additional online learning activities have been developed to complement the taught element of the programme. Course participants are required to complete some of this learning prior to the first day of the programme and between the two taught days.
This programme is open to all qualified nurses from any setting with an interest in learning about paediatric palliative care at a foundation level.
What you will learn:
• What paediatric palliative care is and how it can be delivered across multiple settings
• Recognising and assessing the needs of life limited children and their families using a pathway approach
• Exploration of symptom assessment and management
• Communicating with life limited children, young people and their families
• Care at and around the end of life
• Supporting bereaved families
• Looking after ourselves as professionals
We look forward to welcoming you on the course!