Join us for this special webinar to launch the new edition of our Safe use of medicines guide.
Participants will learn about new approaches and developments in the safe management of medicines and receive practical advice on how to use the updated guide in children’s palliative care settings. We’ll be hearing from the editors and contributors to the new guide, and there will be a panel Q&A session with the authors. Submit your own questions to the panel here.
With special thanks to The James Tudor Foundation for funding the development of the new edition of Safe use of medicines.
- Chair: Dr Emily Harrop, Consultant in Paediatric Palliative Care, Helen & Douglas House.
- Hadar Zaman, Head of School, Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of Bradford.
- Prof Gerry Armitage, Emeritus Professor, Health Services Research at the University of Bradford, and Deputy Chair at the Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Juliet Le Breuilly, Former Lead Nurse, Children and Young Peoples’ Hospice Services, Jersey Hospice Care.
- Dr Linda Maynard, Consultant Nurse Children’s Palliative Care & Assistant Director Specialist Services, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
- Dr Kate McCusker, Lead Pharmacist, Children’s Hospices Across Scotland.
- Dr Bhumik Patel, Senior Specialist Paediatric Pharmacist, Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Dr Michael Tatterton, Associate Professor, School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, University of Bradford.
- Introducing the third edition of Safe use of Medicines
Overview of the new edition and what is new followed by a brief look at individual chapters.
- Safe use of medicines in practice: Learning from errors
Discussion of some current case examples.
- Panel Q&A session
Submit a question to the panel here.