By participating in this training you will be able to:
- state what Sepsis is and identify common causes of Sepsis
- recognise the seriously unwell child and initiate appropriate interventions to prevent further deterioration and cardio-respiratory arrest
- understand and be able to apply the ABCDE approach
- select the correct Acorns Assessment Tool based on the situation and the child’s age range
- plan how to manage and co-ordinate roles and responsibilities within the team in responding to a deteriorating child
This training is for qualified nurses and dates are available upon request. To apply please speak to your internal hospice educator/head nurse who will request a place for you.
For more information please contact Gemma.Williams@acorns.org.uk