Together for Short Lives is proud to present this short series of webinars based on some of the key sessions that were due to take place at our cancelled 2020 conference Time for change? A new vision for children’s palliative care.
Check our professional events listing page for details of the other webinars in the series and click on the link to reserve your place.
Learning from crisis
Perspectives from children’s hospitals and paediatric palliative care professionals on managing complex and ethical challenges in children’s palliative care and the impact on practice, workforce, families, leadership and HR.
- Chair: Dr Ann Goldman, Paediatrician and Vice President of Together for Short Lives.
- Dr Jo Laddie, Paediatric Palliative Medicine Consultant, Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
- Dr Andrew Selby, Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care and Long-Term Ventilation, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust.
- Lesley Fellows, Nurse Consultant, Claire House Children’s Hospice.
- Dr Sadie Thomas-Unsworth, Principle Psychologist to the Paediatric Palliative Care & Bereavement Support Team, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children.
By the end of this session, participants will have insight into how different services have been affected by high profile cases involving complex ethical challenges and decisions in children’s palliative care and what services can do to prepare for and manage the fallout of these cases across the organisation.