Together for Short Lives is proud to present this short series of webinars based on some of the key sessions that were due to take place at our cancelled 2020 conference Time for change? A new vision for children’s palliative care.
Check our professional events listing page for details of the other webinars in the series and click on the link to reserve your place.
Live debate: What is children’s palliative care and who is it for?
- Dr Hilary Cass OBE, Retired Paediatrician; Honorary Consultant Evelina London Children’s Hospital, Chair of Together for Short Lives and British Academy Childhood Disability, and Past President of the RCPCH.
- Dr Karen Horridge, Consultant Paediatrician (Disability), Sunderland Royal Hospital.
- Dr Jonathan Downie, Consultant in Paediatric Palliative Medicine, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow.
- Lisa Pullen, Service Manager, Specialist Children’s Community Nurse, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
- Jane Gates OBE, Chief Executive, and Katie Cowie, Director of Care, Sebastian’s Action Trust.
By the end of this session, participants will have an increased understanding of the changing role of children’s palliative care, who it is for and the debate around eligibility criteria for children’s palliative care services, both generally, and in light of the challenges caused by COVID-19.