Understand more about teenagers’ responses to grief to help you communicate with them and provide appropriate support.
– explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
– gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
– recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
– explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
– identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
– gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This training is for all professionals who encounter bereaved teenagers in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
For further information please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909 or follow this link to see more information https://childbereavementuk.org/for-professionals/our-courses/working-with-bereaved-teenagers-2/