Virgin Money London Marathon 2018
- Start date
- 22 April 2018
- End date
- 23 April 2017
- Registration fee
- Minimum pledge
If you'd like to take part in London Marathon 2018 for us please email email@example.com
Contact us whether you've applied for a ballot place or not, we'd love you to run for us either way. In October the ballot is announced and if you're successful great! If you're not or if you didn't apply for a place then we will be reviewing the applications for our charity places.
What's in it for you?
A lovely technical running vest or t-shirt with your name on
Our brand new fundraising guide full of ideas to help you hit the target
Regular e-newsletters with ideas and information
On race day we'll be there at our noisy cheer point support along the route
Please remember the London Marathon is really popular and charity places can go very quickly as we have limited places so apply soon if you want to take part.
You'll receive all the great support that comes as being part of the Together for Short Lives team. We’ll be with you every step of the way, with fundraising support and advice, plus plenty of tips and motivation!
"It was a dream, it literally couldn’t have been any better. The weather was cool but there wasn’t any rain, and the crowd were incredible from the get-go. I took out my earphones for the final three miles to soak up the atmosphere, and it was an honour to take part. Plus you feel like a legitimately professional athlete when you turn a corner to a sea of cheering faces… Which I massively enjoyed."
Jack, London Marathon participant
You can read Jack's blog where he talks about his training and fundraising activities, follow it here.
Runner information for the Virgin London Marathon
We support you every step of the way.
That sponsorship target!
Don’t be over whelmed by it, you’ll make it!
As well as asking friends, family and colleagues for donations, you might need to do some extra fundraising activities to hit your target (unless you have lots of very generous friends). Who knows, you may even smash it!
When you sign up, you'll receive a fundraising pack which has loads of ideas to help you with this, it's split into two sections; covering quick fundraising ideas for busy people and larger fundraising activities such as setting up a pub quiz.
And we’re always on the end of the phone too with support and advice.
Go for it!
Book your place now
If you would like to get in contact for more information or apply for the 2018 marathon email firstname.lastname@example.org
By supporting together for short lives... you will enable us to work in partnership with others, to lead change in the five areas below, to improve the lives of children and families.
- Information and support for families – so families can find the support they need locally and make informed choices about their child’s care.
- Quality of life, quality of death – so families receive high quality care through life and at end of life and supporting professionals and services to understand and meet the needs of more children and families in their diverse communities.
- Commissioning and sustainability – influencing local and national children’s palliative acre commissioning in all four UK countries and raising vital funds for children’s palliative care voluntary sector providers.
- Transition – improve young people’s transition from children’s to adult services and access to appropriate services and support.
- Community engagement and volunteering –improve understanding of childhood death and dying and encouraging the sector to explore a community approach to children’s palliative care and invest in volunteering.
We support you every step of the way.
Have a look at our Fundraising ideas which will help you hit your fundraising target.
If you would like more information please email email@example.com