The Transition Taskforce is committed to ensuring that evidence underpins everything we do.
To monitor our progress we have commissioned a team at Coventry University to conduct a formal evaluation. The latest evaluation report capturing our activity funded by the Department of Health (England) is available here.
The Transition Taskforce is supporting professionals to meet the needs of young adults in various ways including:
Commissioning and disseminating research
- STEPP Project
- Bridging the Gap
- Prevalence of life-limiting and life-threatening conditions in young adults in England 2000-2010
- Briefing on the implications of the Fraser report 2014
Development of new guidance and resources
- Stepping Up - a revision of the former ACT Transition Care Pathway
- Guide on Difficult Conversations - end of life conversations with young adults
- New young person’s companion to the transition care pathway (in development)
- A Young Person's Guide to Personal Budgets in England
- New care transfer document
- Sexuality guidance and standards for professionals who support people with life-limiting conditions
The Transition Taskforce is running a series of 2 day masterclasses for professionals in adult services supporting young people in transition. Further details can be found in the events section of this website.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from professionals and young people alike if you have examples of best practice you'd like to share.
If you've had a smooth transition experience or have tips that could help others, why not email us at email@example.com. and we'll showcase them where possible.