Time for change?
A new vision for children’s palliative care
The Together for Short Lives national conference
25 & 26 March 2020 | Hilton Manchester Deansgate, UK
(RCPCH has approved this activity for CPD in accordance with the current RCPCH CPD Guidelines)
Children’s palliative care is changing.
The number of babies, children and young people requiring palliative care is growing – advances in medical technology mean more babies are surviving longer, and young people are living longer into adulthood.
The commissioning and funding environment is changing and it’s harder to secure statutory funding for respite care.
At the same time, children’s palliative care is under fire – we are seeing more and more high profile complex ethical challenges around continuing or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment that impact on our work with children and families.
Our conference will bring together children’s palliative care professionals to explore what this changing landscape means for staff and services, and how we can prepare and adapt our practice, services and workforce to deliver the best care to seriously ill children and families.
Super Early Bird (until end of September 2019)
- £180 + VAT (£160 + VAT for members)
- £340 + VAT (£300 + VAT for members)
Early (until 12 March 2020)
- £200 + VAT (£180 + VAT for members)
- £380 + VAT (£340 + VAT for members)
Full (until the day before the conference – 24 March 2020)
- £220 + VAT (£200 + VAT for members)
- £420 + VAT (£380 + VAT for members)
The booking fee covers:
- Full conference pass for days booked, including access to all plenary, breakout and networking sessions.
- All refreshments and catering from morning registration to end of programmed activity on each day.
- Delegate pack with printed information about the event and name badge.
- Attendance e-certificate on request following the event.
Accommodation is not included
Accommodation must be booked independently. Please see the venue information page for accommodation options and booking discounts at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate.
Terms and conditions
Membership discount eligibility:
- One discounted place per named individual professional or associate member.
- Unlimited discounted places for staff of organisation, team and associate organisation members.
- Bookings are non-refundable, but names can be changed at any point before the conference.
- Full payment must be received within 30 days of booking or before 24 March 2020 – whichever is sooner.