Morrisons partnered with Together for Short Lives in February 2022, to support the UK’s 54 children’s hospices and families facing the heartbreak that their child will die young. Established as part of this partnership, “Making Memories Together” grants will bring special experiences and activities to children who receive hospice care, giving them and their families the chance to create memories that will last long into the future. Grants will be made up to a maximum value of £2,000.
Only applications from children’s hospices that are members of the Together for Short Lives and Morrisons 2022-25 Charity Partnership will be accepted.
This grant will fund activities such as:
- A one-off celebration event, a birthday party or Christmas celebration, a child’s favourite meal
- A unique experience such as bringing the beach to a hospice, or special outings
- Professional photo shoot
- Hand and footprint castings
- Creating memory making boxes, for example – the purchase of memory making equipment, toolkits, scrapbooks
- Therapeutic events such as art therapy, music therapy, “memory” sessions with siblings and family members
- Retrospective funding for projects that needed to happen at short notice, but which fit with the grant funding criteria where the application is made within four weeks of the project taking place.
Please note, this is an indicative list. It is not exhaustive; the grant-makers’ decision is final. Activities must take place within three months of the application being approved.
The Grant won’t fund activities such as:
- Capital / Equipment
- Volunteer / Staff training, recruitment, and expenses
- Salaries, staff costs, rent costs, utilities, administration costs
- Fundraising events or grants to ongoing appeals
- Advertising, promotion or marketing of events or services
- Conferences or seminars
- Projects which could harm the reputation of Morrisons, Together for Short Lives or the Morrisons and Together for Short Lives charity partnership.
To apply for the grant, please complete your application on the online form below and submit the application through our website. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within four weeks.
Successful applicants are required to sign and return acceptance of the Grant Terms and Conditions before any payment of funds is made.
Overall funding in any year is limited. As such Together for Short Lives reserves the right to close “Making Memories Together” to manage the overall grant pot over the duration of the Partnership. To enable a good geographical spread of this grant, Together for Short Lives reserves the right to make decisions based on location as necessary.
Members of the Together for Short Lives and Morrisons 2022-25 Charity Partnership are able to reapply for subsequent grants after completing and submitting a post-grant report.
“Making Memories Together” Application Form
Please complete this form once you have read the application guidelines and terms and conditions.