Join us as an Assistant Shop Manager in the Didcot Furniture store and become an ambassador for our charity!
You will join a busy shop and will work alongside a team of volunteers helping maximise the shop’s sales profits. Great customer service is crucial to what we do, so your previous experience in mainstream or charity retail background will help you hit the ground running.
To thrive in this role, you will need a good eye for detail, strong organisational and IT skills, and previous experience of managing staff teams in a variety of situations. You will be supported by the Shop Manager and Area Manager to achieve your objectives.
This is a permanent, part-time (30 hours per week) role and in return for your work, we can offer you a salary of £17,706 – £19,236 per annum.
The Didcot shop is open Monday-Saturday 09:00-16:30 and Sunday 10:00-16:00 (temporarily closed on Sunday until Assistant Shop Manager has been appointed). The role will require you to work regular weekends. Flexibility is required as working patterns will change regularly, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work.
Please note, the advert may close early if enough applications are received. We therefore advise you to apply early if interested.
We are committed to getting the best out of our applicants and employees. We have therefore made the commitment to sharing interview questions prior to interview. Should you be offered an interview, we will share interview questions with you in advance. Interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 23rd November 2023.
Please click apply at https://recruitment.helenanddouglas.org.uk/job/406316
Helen & Douglas House is a registered hospice charity based in Oxford, providing palliative, respite, end-of-life and bereavement care to life-limited children and their families. Hospice care is often profoundly misunderstood: the work we do is uplifting, positive and the impact we have is life changing! Our hospice is a bright, dynamic, and joyful place to work, providing a lovely outdoor garden space for our patients and staff to both enjoy. We foster a climate where team members feel able to openly question, debate and appropriately challenge their own and the practice of others to achieve clinical excellence.
Helen and Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 days after 3 years, and 29 days after 5 years of service.
- Flexible Annual Leave: buy or sell up to 5 days of Annual Leave per year.
- Life assurance x4 your annual salary.
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution.
- Eye care voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- Enhanced maternity leave and shared paternity leave.
- A flexible working environment.
- Investment in your Continuous Professional Development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. We welcome applications from all areas of the community and run regular in-house EDI-focused events and workshops.
Please note that everyone working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.