East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) supports families and cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Two substantive posts are available and include temporary secondment opportunities to the new Specialist Children’s Palliative Care Team based in Addenbrooke’s Hospital
Full time (part-time 30 hours per week considered)
The service is provided Monday to Friday. This role includes participation in 24/7 on-call rota across 7 days.
Comprehensive range of benefits:
- free onsite parking
- enhanced Annual leave Entitlement – 27 days + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- subsidised meals
- additional holiday purchase scheme
- AVIVA pension package – up to 7% Employer Contribution
- NHS pension – continuation of if already contributing
- life assurance
- free eye tests
- cycle to work scheme
- employee assistance programme
- an experienced nurse looking to specialise in children’s palliative and end of life care
- looking for an opportunity to work across the Managed Clinical Network with the EACH Symptom Management Nursing Service
- interested in being seconded, on a temporary basis, into the newly funded Regional Specialist Children’s Palliative Care and Symptom Management Team based in CUH NHS Foundation Trust (CUH) until November 2022
- keen to act as a positive role model providing clinical nursing leadership across EACH, the MCN and in CUH, leading and supporting palliative care development throughout the hospice services and hospital.
Do you have:
- advanced nursing practice skills or willingness to work towards these within a supportive team environment
- proven ability in delivering high-quality person-centred care to babies, children and young people and their families
- a kind, compassionate and resilient ‘can do’ approach which matches EACH values
- excellent IT skills: word processing, use of email, electronic record keeping, and practiced in the use of virtual platforms for remote clinical assessment and consultation
- will be based in the hospice nearest your home
- reports directly to the base Locality Clinical Nurse Specialist Team Leader
- As an autonomous practitioner you will provide holistic and evidence based advanced level nursing care to children and young people with complex palliative care, pain and symptom control needs as an integral part of the EACH multi-professional core service teams, MCN and Regional Specialist Children’s Palliative Care Team.
- Undertake clinical assessment / consultation using face to face, telephone and virtual methods as required.
- Manage a caseload within the EACH catchment area.
- Participate in an on call rota, triaging telephone calls and undertaking face to face visits to deliver symptom management across the EACH catchment area as required.
To apply and for more information please click here
At EACH we are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity. We actively welcome applications from all sections of the community, in particular from eligible candidates from BAME backgrounds.
EACH is proud to be Investors in People accredited.
EACH reserves the right to close this vacancy early, should we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to appointment.
As a Hospice we strongly encourage all our staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated including boosters, as this provides the greatest protection to children, families and staff.
Closing date: 18.5.2022