This document brings together all the abstracts that were accepted as verbal or poster presentations for our conference Time for change: A new vision for children’s palliative care. The conference was due to take place in March 2020, but was cancelled due to the coronavirus crisis.
The call for papers was open to professionals involved in children’s palliative care in any setting, and sought descriptions of innovative approaches, evaluations of service development initiatives, pilot studies and research projects.
Abstract submissions were invited on the following themes:
- Adapting the workforce to the changing nature of children’s palliative care – what skills and support are needed?
- Adapting models of care to manage increasing numbers of children with increasingly complex conditions.
- Reaching and educating generalists/intensivists.
- Building resilience and supporting staff – how we adapt to manage complex cases and ethical dilemmas.
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing of professionals, parents/carers and children/young people involved in complex decision-making and conflict.
- Sharing practical learning from complex ethical cases.