Together we Trek 2017
- Start date
- 19 May 2017
- End date
- 20 May 2017
- South Downs
- Registration fee
- Minimum pledge
Trek through the beautiful South Downs along part of the South Downs Way passing beautiful countryside and quaint little villages and along coastal paths.
Book today! For teams of up to four people.
Friday 19 May
We meet in the evening at the accommodation for event registration, dinner and event briefing.
Saturday 20 May
After breakfast we take a transfer to the start of our trek at Seven Sisters Country Park. The route then heads through the country park, down to the coast and passes the Seven Sisters and Beachy Head. After this, the route skirts round the edge of Eastbourne sticking to the South Downs Way then heads inland towards Alfriston before reaching the finish.
Trekking distance - 23.5 miles approximately.
There is a celebratory meal tonight and then participants who wish to stay overnight can book another night if they'd like.
Check out Mridula's story, she took part in the 2016 event with her two colleagues as 'Team Derivative Diva's', read about her story on our fundraising heroes page.
Included in your registration fee:
- Support vehicle
- Private coach transfer from accommodation to start of trek
- Meals (dinner, breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting with dinner Friday night through to dinner on Saturday
- Water stop/s offering complimentary cereal bars, fruit, tea, coffee, water, cordial etc
- Friday nights accommodation
- Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew
- Route guides
- Accommodation on Saturday night
- Tips and Gratuities
- Alcoholic drinks
Register today - email me at email@example.com
We support you every step of the way.
That sponsorship target!
Don’t be over whelmed by it, you’ll make it!
As well as asking friends, family and colleagues for donations, you might need to do some extra fundraising activities to hit your target (unless you have lots of very generous friends). Remember to work as a team and you'll raise it in no time at all. Who knows, you may even smash it!
When you sign up, you'll receive a fundraising pack which has loads of ideas to help you with this, it's split into two sections; covering quick fundraising ideas for busy people and larger fundraising activities such as setting up a pub quiz.
And we’re always on the end of the phone too with support and advice.
Go for it!
By supporting together for short lives... you will enable us to work in partnership with others, to lead change in the five areas below, to improve the lives of children and families.
- Information and support for families – so families can find the support they need locally and make informed choices about their child’s care.
- Quality of life, quality of death – so families receive high quality care through life and at end of life and supporting professionals and services to understand and meet the needs of more children and families in their diverse communities.
- Commissioning and sustainability – influencing local and national children’s palliative acre commissioning in all four UK countries and raising vital funds for children’s palliative care voluntary sector providers.
- Transition – improve young people’s transition from children’s to adult services and access to appropriate services and support.
- Community engagement and volunteering –improve understanding of childhood death and dying and encouraging the sector to explore a community approach to children’s palliative care and invest in volunteering.
If you would like more information or to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org