This Together for Short Lives webinar was held on 9 December 2021 and looked at the role of research in children’s palliative care and showcased the findings of selected recent studies.
- Dr Helena Dunbar, Director of Service Development and Improvement, Together for Short Lives.
Confirmed Speakers and talks:
- Professor Myra Bluebond-Langner: Reflecting on the highlights of her 10 years as Professor of Children’s Palliative Care at the Louis Dundas Centre.
Professor Myra Bluebond-Langner, Professor and True Colours Chair in Palliative Care for Children and Young People, UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health in conversation with Lizzie Chambers, Director of Programmes and Professional Engagement, Together for Short Lives.
- How parents of children with life-limiting conditions seek and access support for themselves.
Sarah Oakley, PhD Student, De Montfort University.
- Co-creating the Lily’s Pain project.
Professor Bernie Carter, Professor of Children’s Nursing, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine, Edge Hill University.
- Are we getting it right? A qualitative research study examining post bereavement support offered to bereaved families by children’s hospices in the UK, through hospice staff perspective.
Susanne Bosma, MSc Student, University of Cumbria.
- Plus a Q&A session with the speakers