Together We Can is a collection of resources for organisations developing a service where volunteers support families of a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition. The resources were developed and tested specifically for this purpose, but might be useful for any organisation developing volunteer services. Learn more about the organisations that created the resources here.
The resources are designed as a pick and mix kit, so you can focus on what is most useful to you. You don’t need to use everything or follow step-by-step. Jump to what interests you.
We'd love to keep in touch with you if you are considering setting up a Family Support Volunteering Service - we can send you updates as our volunteering resource grows and hear your views on Together We Can. Click this button to leave your details and we will be in touch.
The resources are arranged in four main sections. You can click on any section to see more resources about that topic:
As a first step, think about which things your organisation already has and which you might want more help with. You can download a checklist to help with this here, or just use the links below.
Planning your volunteering service
- Do you know the benefits of volunteering services? If not, click here.
- Do you know the costs of volunteering services? If not, click here.
- Do you have a step-by-step plan for your volunteering service? If not, click here.
- Do you know the best way to recruit people to volunteer? If not, click here.
- Do you have posters and flyers to help recruit volunteers? If not, click here.
- Do you have a training programme for volunteers? If not, click here.
Engaging families or people using services
- Do you know the best way to encourage people to accept volunteer support? If not, click here.
- Do you know how to match volunteers with families? If not, click here.
- Do you have simple forms for referrals and registration? If not, click here.
Running your volunteering service