- Start date
- 12 December 2017
- End date
- 13 December 2017
- Start time
- End time
- Child Bereavement UK
- Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3BF
- Contact email
- Phone number
- £240. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Develop understanding of the facilitation process, the skills needed and how to provide constructive feedback when leading a bereavement group.This two-day non-residential course which is highly experiential, with the second day focusing on the dynamics of dealing with grief and bereavement and the loss of a baby or child.
- enhance participants’ knowledge of the role of the facilitator and the distinction between training and facilitation
- recognise how to give and receive constructive feedback
- identify what is meant by group dynamics and the skills required for effective facilitation
- have experience of facilitating a small group
- recognise the issues arising when facilitating a group looking at loss and grief
- identify your own behaviour patterns in group situations and to recognise how this may impact on facilitation style
- recognise the importance of self-support and explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations, and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone involved in leading groups of any size around bereavement, whether professional, educational, parent support groups or for professional training and development.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, we can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these please sign-up online at www.childbereavementuk.org/signup