The CoPPAR Toolkit is a set of resources that brings together advice and best practice for conducting research in the children’s palliative care sector.
The resources aim to support you if you are a care professional looking to have a career in children’s palliative care, a palliative care service or team who want to conduct research in your own setting, or if you just want to find out more about research in this sector.
Each resource in the toolkit has been added as a separate resource in our library – they are linked to below, or you can find them all in our resource library using the ‘research’ tag.
- What is research and what is its value
- Pursuing a career in clinical research
- Developing a research funding application
- Setting up your children’s palliative care service as a research site
- The role of young people, parents and families in research
- Creating an active research culture
Glossary of research terms
The National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) has a useful glossary of research terms on its website and there is another useful library of research terms on Research Connection’s website.
This toolkit has been funded and designed as part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research Collaborative Paediatric Palliative Care Research (CoPPAR ) Network.