As part of our partnership with Morrisons, a new “Building a Legacy Together” grant has been created to help children’s hospices create a great environment where they can support families caring for a child with a life-limiting condition.
Children’s hospices are welcoming, bright places providing the best possible care and equipment in comforting, joyful environments.
These grants will fund children’s hospices and at-home services to refurbish rooms, increase capacity by using space more effectively or to purchase new equipment to enhance children’s care. For example, projects such as:
- Capital costs for renovation/building of rooms and/or facilities for children and their families including bedrooms, day-care rooms, treatment rooms, specialist ante-natal and neo-natal care
- Costs to build/renovate special facilities for children receiving end of life care
- Capital costs for works to hospices outside spaces, whether that be sensory gardens, specialist play areas, therapeutic or wellbeing spaces
- Capital costs for therapy spaces including (but not limited to) multi-sensory rooms, music or play therapy suites, or spaces to provide counselling and emotional support
- Equipment costs for new therapy equipment including (but not limited to) hydrotherapy pools, massage equipment, other physiotherapy and occupational therapy equipment
- Capital costs to refurbish/renovate vital hospice facilities including kitchens, bathrooms, communal spaces
- Equipment costs to fit out spaces for older children and young people to relax including music studio computer and games areas, television rooms, multimedia recreation centres, games consoles, cinema equipment
- Costs to acquire or rent specialised transport to meet children and families’ requirements.
Other important information:
- The grant programme will open for applications once a year for the duration of the partnership between Morrisons and Together for Short Lives
- Grants will be made up to a maximum value of £50,000*
- Only applications from children’s hospices that are members of the Together for Short Lives & Morrisons 2022-25 Charity Partnership will be accepted
- One application will be considered from each hospice per grant round (per charity, NOT per site). If more than one application is sent in by any hospice, the first application that is received by Together for Short Lives is the one that will be assessed in the grant round.
* The Grant Committee retain the right to grant more than £50,000 to a project if the need and impact is deemed great enough. The Grant Committee’s decision is final.
How to apply for “Building a Legacy Together” funding
Before completing an application form, please read the “Building a Legacy Together” Application Guidelines (PDF document), and the “Building a Legacy Together” Terms and Conditions (PDF document).
Please download the application form below, complete it and return it to email@example.com by 31 July 2023.